Cosmetic surgical procedure that entails removal of excess skin, fat and weak muscle to improve the appearance of eyelids, and to remove obstruction to your vision. Both the upper or lower eyelids can be addressed during the same surgery.
- Remove excess fat from under the eyes
- Lift sagging, droopy upper eyelids
- Reduce puffiness around the eyes
- Improve vision by removing obstructions
- Create a double eyelid, if desired
Lower Eyelid Surgery removes excess skin and fat pockets from under the eyes. To reduce any visible scarring, a transconjunctival blepharoplasty may be performed. This means incisions are made and the fat is extracted from the inside of the eyelid.
Upper Eyelid Surgery is a non-cosmetic form of eyelid surgery that alleviates upper eyelid sagging that may be causing visual obstruction. Not only can this procedure help enhance your vision; it can also help improve the appearance of the eyes.